Presented by FacebookWelcome to The Hill’s Morning Report. It is Tuesday. We get you up to speed on the most important developments in politics and policy, plus trends to watch. Alexis Simendinger and Al Weaver are the daily co-creators, so find us @asimendinger and @alweaver22 on Twitter and recommend the Morning Report to your friends. CLICK HERE to subscribe!Total U.S. coronavirus deaths reported each morning this week: Monday, 115,732. Tuesday, 116,127. Worldwide reported cases of COVID-19: More than 8 million.As COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations rise in some states, the potential for renewed restrictions imposed by officials remains an option. Despite saturation news coverage, warnings from public health experts and harrowing accounts by coronavirus survivors, people are ignoring precautions, such as wearing masks and remaining distanced from others. Some frustrated officials are considering pauses in the phased reopenings of businesses, despite pressure to welcome people back to offices, schools and daily routines (The Hill).Escalating case numbers are showing up in Sun Belt states such as Arizona, California, Florida and Texas. All four of those states reported their highest single-day increases in the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases over the… Read full this story
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Will this infrastructure deal pass?
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Senators, White House to meet on potential infrastructure deal
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - GOP torpedoes election bill; infrastructure talks hit snag
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Democrats await Manchin decision on voting rights bill
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden support, gas tax questions remain on infrastructure
- Americans put the most trust in their doctor for COVID-19 information: poll
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Biden helps negotiate bipartisan infrastructure deal
- The Hill's Morning Report - Infrastructure deal back on track; Biden orders airstrikes against Iran-backed militia
- 5 things the US should be doing — in addition to COVID-19 vaccination
- The tool we need to expand COVID-19 vaccinations world-wide
The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Bending the COVID-19 curve proves temporary for many states have 332 words, post on thehill.com at June 16, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.