It has been almost three weeks since the death of unarmed black man George Floyd in US police custody, and yet the pursuit of racial justice from NFL owners is a far cry from the heartfelt commitment to the cause exhibited by their players. Jacksonville Jaguars players marched to the local sheriff’s department to protest against police brutality, while 70 players, coaches and other members of staff from the Denver Broncos lead thousands on a Black Lives Matter protest.Michael Thomas, Saquon Barkley and Deshaun Watson were among a host of the NFL’s biggest stars to release a powerful video calling on the league to “admit wrong in silencing our players from peacefully protesting”. Having come under criticism for an initial statement, Roger Goodell released a video apologising to the players and condemning the systematic oppression of black people.NFL Network’s Steve Wyche feels strongly that more can be done. “There are 32 owners, not one owner has come out and said ‘black lives matter’, not one owner has come out and said ‘the NFL could not exist without black players’ and there is going to be a lot of owners that would never say that,” Wyche told Sky Sports News’ Richard Graves.”So for Roger… Read full this story
- Black Lives Matter Leader Calls for NFL Boycott Over Kaepernick 'Blackballing'
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck suggests Black Lives Matter movement is hate group
- Richard Sherman Facing Backlash for Black Lives Matter Comments
- Kaepernick 'Artifacts' Will Be in Smithsonian Black Lives Matter Exhibit
- Tennessee police take softer approach to Black Lives Matter protests
- Colin Kaepernick items to be included in Black Lives Matter collection at Smithsonian
- Leaked Memo Shows Democrats Panicking Over Black Lives Matter
- Police Group Boycotts Ben & Jerry's After Black Lives Matter Endorsement
- Hillary Clinton interrupted by Black Lives Matter activists during Atlanta rally
- Most American voters don’t think Black Lives Matter can ensure equal justice for all, poll shows
Steve Wyche: Not one NFL owner has come out and said 'black lives matter' have 313 words, post on www.skysports.com at June 10, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.