Brexit , Black Lives Matter and a steep recession driven by the coronavirus pandemic have combined to hit the world hard in 2020 – and one man appears to have seen it coming 10 years ago. Scientist and author Peter Turchin who specialises in cliodynamics – the study of how societies change over time – published a paper 10 years ago which predicted a growing tide of social changes which would peak in 2020. He wrote in 2010: " In the United States, 50-year instability spikes occurred around 1870, 1920 and 1970, so another could be due around 2020." It has echoes of predictions by Nostradamus, the mysterious French prophet, who is interpreted as having predicted the rise of Napoleon and Hitler along with the 9/11 attacks. He died in 1566 and his books have been studied for centuries since. As reported by the Daily Star at the time, Turchin based his conclusions on a couple of of different sets of data. A predicted boom in young people that threatened to create a "youth bulge" of students similar to the one that fuelled the late 60s protest era, and the the so-called Kondratiev wave, which tracks 40-60-year economic growth cycles…. Read full this story
- Selling Sunset's Chrishell Stause Was Considered for The Bachelorette Over 10 Years Ago
- Carbon dioxide reached a high in 2020 that hasn't been recorded since the mid-Pliocene era 3.6 MILLION years ago, study reveals
- Why has the Syrian war lasted 10 years?
- 3 Stocks to Buy and Hold for the Next 10 Years
- Fibre company Enable returns $18m dividend to Christchurch - its first in 10 years
- 135 Years Ago, Another Travel Ban Was In the News
- To Cut Emissions to Zero, U.S. Needs to Make Big Changes in Next 10 Years
- Marvel Planned to Make the Biggest Blockbuster 10 Years Before Avengers Endgame
- 10 Years of Nyan Cat: His Creator Reflects Back, Looks To The NFuTure
- I banned mobile phones in my school 7 years ago – Gavin Williamson is right to do this nationally
New Nostradamus? Academic predicted 2020's social unrest 10 years ago have 311 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at June 12, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.