Getty Composite The Indianapolis Colts have a new staff position — “Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion” — and the team says its all part of an effort to “battle systemic racism.” The organization has announced a new plan “to ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion are at the forefront of the team’s business and community efforts.” There are 3 major points to the plan … 1) Creating the Director of Diversity job. That person will “work across all Colts departments on social responsibility, hiring, supplier diversity, education and training and other internal efforts.” 2) The team has created the Irsay Family Impact Scholarship — which will “help talented minority students with a financial need to achieve their educational goals.” The scholarship will cover 8 years of education costs for the recipient — starting with high school college prep programs and tutors followed by tuition costs at Indiana University. 3) The Colts will formally recognize and celebrate Juneteenth every June 19. “The team has made Juneteenth a permanent company holiday.” Colts’ owner, Jim Irsay, says the moves come after discussions with players and staff about the topics surrounding the deaths of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery and others. “I have heard… Read full this story
- Fifty years since the Black Panthers formed, here’s what Black Lives Matter can learn
- M.I.A. Insists She Supports Black Lives Matter on New Song, in Case You Still Doubted Her
- Timeline: The Black Lives Matter movement
- Black Lives Matter Activist Grabs Microphone at Pete Buttigieg Hometown Event
- The Supreme Court's Latest Ruling Makes It Easier for Cops to Arrest Black Lives Matter Protesters
- Black Lives Matter: Philadelphia Super Bowl Riots Reaction 'Glaring Example of White Privilege'
- Br’er Cotton review – bold, hilarious drama in age of Black Lives Matter
- Two arrested after five protesters shot by 'white supremacists' at Black Lives Matter demonstration in Minnesota
- Halle Berry Says She Doesn’t Want to Hear About ‘Black Lives Matter’ but She’s No Sellout
- Fight breaks out at a Pete Buttigieg event in South Bend between his supporters and Black Lives Matter protesters
Indianapolis Colts Create 'Director of Diversity' Role, 'Black Lives Matter' have 347 words, post on www.tmz.com at June 19, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.