BERLIN: The Bundesliga’s health safety protocols were not breached when six Borussia Dortmund players, including England international Jadon Sancho, got their hair cut this week and took photos without face masks, the club said on Thursday. The 20-year-old Sancho, a rising star and a top transfer target for major clubs, and his team mates got hair cuts and took photos with the hairdresser without any facial protection, which goes against the league’s health safety guidelines. “He should not have done it,” Dortmund sports director Michael Zorc told a virtual news conference. “We were all young once, 18, 19, 20.” “In this current special situation it is not only the coach and the coaching staff but the entire club that has to be careful with discipline. “We have talked to all those involved and they assured us that all hygiene guidelines regarding visitors were adhered to. Only for the photo were the masks taken off. That is something that should not have happened of course.” The Bundesliga became the first major sports league to restart on May 16 after a break of more than two months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Matches are played without fans and teams must adhere to… Read full this story
- Dortmund chief Zorc defends Jadon Sancho axe and insists Man Utd transfer target still needs to mature
- Coleen Rooney looks carefree as she grabs coffee after WAG rival Rebekah Vardy returned from Dubai in floods of tears amid explosive war of words
- Champions League draw: Manchester City faces Real Madrid in 'morbid clash'
- Greenwood stars again and the future’s bright for United youngster Garner
- What is behind the Indianapolis Colts' disappointing 2019?
- How the 2019 Broncos can make the NFL playoffs
- An Exhaustive List of Reasons to Root for Each World Cup Team
- Stephanie Stradley’s Texans-Titans Q&A with Tom Gower
- Deandre Ayton and Luka Doncic lead tiered 2018 NBA draft board
- Soccer PIX: Milan held by Sassuolo; PSG thrash St Etienne
Football: Dortmund defend players' haircuts amid tight health protocol have 315 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at June 4, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.