The coronavirus outbreak has led authorities around the world to take stringent measures proposed by the World Health Organization (WHO), such as social distancing. However, mental health experts are warning that this quarantine can result in individuals to experience negative emotions that directly harm mental health. This psychological effect could have prolonged effects if such measures are in place for long. To fight this pandemic, most of the countries banned all the non-required activities and asked individuals to stay home. Globally, offices and colleges continue to operate remotely, restaurants and schools are closed, and nursing homes are barring visitors. Some individuals are prone to experience long as well as short mental health issues such as insomnia, stress, substance abuse, and emotional exhaustion. Some factors have increased the risk of psychological fallout, like the quarantine lasting over a month and lack of access to the required supplies or telecommunication. Thus, minimising these risks can lower the likelihood of mental health issues. What can be the impact of social distancing on mental health?People were asked to stay at home due to the exposure, illness, or spread of coronavirus, which led them to be cut off from their daily… Read full this story
- Therapy for climate change: How 'eco anxiety' is affecting mental health
- Staffordshire village bus route cuts 'will affect mental health'
- ‘Time to practise what we preach’: Therapists on taking care of their mental health amid pandemic
- Expert Ayurvedic Solutions On Childhood Mental Health, Exam Stress And Learning Problems
- Millions of Brits switch off social media amid fears of mental health damage with “compare and despair” syndrome
- Science Plays the Long Game. But People Have Mental Health Issues Now.
- Traditional healers could be the answer to Australia's Indigenous mental health crisis
- Ronnie O'Sullivan health: 'It was touch and go' - Snooker star on 'low' mental health
- Researchers call for clarity on approaching 'mental health problem'
- On The Probabilities Of Social Distancing As Gleaned From AI Self-Driving Cars
Social distancing comes with a psychological fallout; adversely affects mental health have 320 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 13, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.