BRITS are expected to flock to beaches and resorts this Bank Holiday with temperatures approaching 30C. However, tourist hotspots are asking people NOT to visit, warning they are still “not ready” for an influx in tourism. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates The UK has relaxed the current lockdown rules, allowing households to drive to locations further away. However, social distancing must still be followed – although many have struggled due to the sheer volume of people and not to mention, the temptation to be out in the warmer weather . On May 13, prime minister Boris Johnson explained: “You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports but only with members of your own household.” Locals in the Lake District are using fake road blocks and signs to stop visitors from driving through, however, due to high volumes of tourists. People in the area have slammed visitors, with many walking through their farms with one family even “knocking on their door in the middle of the night” after getting lost. With Cumbria having some of the highest rates of coronavirus in… Read full this story
- UK weather: Bank Holiday 'cool' weekend will bring summer frost and empty beaches
- Is Eat Out to Help Out running today on bank holiday Monday?
- Millions of UK-made coronavirus vaccines 'ready by Christmas', professor claims
- Battle to reach Blighty: BA ramps up price of Croatia to UK flights to £275 as thousands race to reach home after air bridge was axed - but mother refuses to end holiday despite forcing son to miss first week of school
- The great escape! Holiday bookings explode ahead of air bridges opening across Europe – and you could save up to 76%
- UK Covid cases fall for second week in a row with 19,609 infections and 529 deaths as Christmas hopes grow
- Luxury Bali hotel rooms go on sale for just $14 a night with 48-cent dinners at some of the island's most popular resorts as Covid turns Kuta into a ghost town - here's how Australians CAN fly there now
- Doctors warn NHS at breaking point and coronavirus vaccine will bring even more pressure
- The best boozy staycations you can book in the UK – with wine tours and gin tastings
- Black Friday has come a WEEK early! Femail reveals the best bargains as retailers launch deals with savings of up to 50% on everything from fashion and beauty to tech
Popular hotspots around the UK warn visitors NOT to come over the Bank Holiday as they are ‘not ready’ have 403 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 20, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.