A new survey has shown more than 25 per cent of Americans and 44 per cent of Republicans believe an outlandish conspiracy theory that Bill Gates is plotting to use a Covid-19 vaccine to implant microchips in people. The survey, conducted by Yahoo News and YouGov, asked 1,640 Americans about the conspiracy theory between May 20 and 21. Some 28 per cent of US adults who took part said they believed the widely debunked theory. 32 per cent of them were not sure but 40 per cent believed it to be false. An outlandish conspiracy theory involving Bill Gates and the vaccine for Covid-19 has gained significant traction among Republicans in the US Meanwhile 44 per cent of people who identified as Republicans thought it was true, 31 per cent were not sure and 26 per cent thought it was false. In contrast, 19 per cent of Democrats believed the conspiracy theory about Bill Gates, who in addition to his business ventures is well known for his public-health philanthropy. A majority of Democrats (52%) were able to identify the theory as false while 29 per cent were not sure. Conspiracy theorists claim, falsely, that Gates is using the Covid-19 pandemic as a… Read full this story
- How does Facebook fact check claims about COVID-19 vaccines?
- It’s not for me: Speed of Covid-19 vaccine race raises safety concerns
- More Than One-Third of Americans Would Not Get COVID-19 Vaccine, Poll Finds
- Will a Covid-19 vaccine signal an end to the anti-vaccine movement?
- US obesity epidemic could undermine effectiveness of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Covid Speed Read: India sets up Covid-19 vaccine task force; Russian vaccine to debut on Aug 12
- EXCLUSIVE: Meet the 52-year-old professor who volunteered to test Moderna COVID-19 vaccine and tells how despite being nervous about shot and experiencing a short-lived ache in his arm, he's had no adverse side effects
- Explainer: Russia's COVID-19 Vaccine Sputnik V, how safe is it, and why India needs to be cautious
- It's not for me: speed of COVID-19 vaccine race raises safety concerns
- Africa should support COVID-19 vaccine trials, provide scientific leadership
More than 25% of all Americans and 44% of Republicans believe conspiracy theory that Bill Gates is plotting to use a Covid-19 vaccine to implant microchips in people, survey finds have 329 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 25, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.