JAKARTA: Indonesia on Tuesday (May 5) reported its biggest daily rise in COVID-19 infections with 484 new cases, taking the national total to 12,071. Health ministry official Achmad Yurianto also reported eight more deaths, taking the death toll to 872. He added that 26,408 patients were still under surveillance for the coronavirus while 2,197 patients have fully recovered from the disease. READ: Mass prayers still held in parts of Indonesia despite guidance issued by central government More than 88,900 people have so far been tested for COVID-19, Yurianto said. Indonesian President Joko Widodo on Monday called for “equal access” for developing countries to medicine to treat the coronavirus , as global cases pass 3 million. “We need to fight for just and timely access to affordable COVID-19 medicine and vaccine,” Widodo said in a statement. BOOKMARK THIS: Our comprehensive coverage of the coronavirus outbreak and its developments Download our app or subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak: https://cna.asia/telegram
- Indonesia's quake-tsunami death toll could be more than FIVE THOUSAND
- Queen donates as Indonesia quake death toll tops 1,600
- Ebola death toll in the Democratic Republic of Congo jumps to 41
- Ebola death toll in the Democratic Republic of Congo jumps to 55
- Death toll increases after Italian bridge disaster
- Lombok earthquakes 2018 – where were the quakes, what magnitude were they and what is the death toll so far?
- 1,000 people still missing after earthquake as death toll stands at 1,424
- Where is Lombok, what is the Indonesian earthquake’s latest death toll and what was its magnitude?
- Death toll from Indonesian earthquake passes 2,000
- Indonesia quake, tsunami death toll passes 1,300
Indonesia COVID-19 cases pass 12,000 mark, death toll at 872 have 261 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.