Satellite imagery shows China has recently deployed “extensive” amounts of “artillery and mechanized elements” to its side of a shared border with India in Ladakh, India’s northernmost state, bringing Indian troops on the border “within striking distance,” Indian government sources told the Indian Express on Thursday.The development prompted one Indian official to warn on Thursday evening that the next three days are “crucial” in monitoring Chinese activity along the border to ensure the situation does not escalate further. According to the government sources, satellite images show the presence of “at least 16 tanks” on China’s side of the border, along with “a mix of infantry combat vehicles.” The images also reveal that China has shipped “flatbed trucks, excavator machines, and dumper trucks” to the border, suggesting its forces are preparing to construct “permanent defenses” in the area, the sources said. “Bunkers, troops on [the] ground and machine-gun emplacements can also be seen which may also show that the Chinese have been anticipating an offensive and have made defensive positions too,” one source added. In response, the sources said India has sent “suitable” counterdeployments to its side of the border to “neutralize” any of China’s recent military buildup. On Friday, the Epoch Times, citing… Read full this story
- Curtis Ellis: Congress Has a Chance to Defend America Against China’s Economic Aggression
- Growing Chinese Nuclear Arsenal: Is China changing its doctrine?
- Export Or Perish: Why India must achieve a quantum jump in exports to drive growth
- Don’t copy Trump on trade: India will hurt itself most by setting up protectionist tariff barriers
- How do I know China wrecked the Copenhagen deal? I was in the room
- Mexico to Up Security at Border After Migrants Try to Cross
- Corporate India should add veterans to their diversity definition
- Influenced by India, is Iran projecting its anti-Saudi frustrations onto Pakistan?
- Tips for driving through the international border without any hassle
- Made in China: Tiger Skin Rugs
India: ‘Next 72 Hours Are Crucial’ as China Deploys Artillery to Border have 319 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.