GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Colorado’s popular Hanging Lake will reopen in June with visitor restrictions in response to the coronavirus pandemic, park officials said. Only 128 visitors will be allowed to hike the trail to the lake each day beginning June 1, the Post Independent reported. The U.S. Forest Service and the city of Glenwood Springs partnered last year to reduce the number of visitors to Hanging Lake, a tourist attraction that’s been designated a national natural landmark. No more than 615 visitors with permits were allowed to access the trailhead last year during its peak season between May 1 and Oct. 31, officials said. “Opening up Hanging Lake, whatever the numbers were going to be, sent a message that we were open, but we were open responsibly,” said Ken Murphy, co-owner of H20 Ventures, which runs the Hanging Lake Shuttle service. The shuttle service was temporarily suspended amid the pandemic but visitors can park their vehicles or bike to the trailhead, officials said, adding that each person must purchase a $12 permit. Hikers will be asked to follow social distancing guidelines, follow designated passing zones marked along the trail and comply with other regulations intended to prevent the… Read full this story
- Mascot Towers resident angry over restricted access to strata meeting amid cracks in building
- Mystery of Oudh's Royal Family that Lived and Died in Ruins Amid Thickets of Delhi Jungles
- Jenelle Evans Shares Throwback Video of David Eason and Children With Dog Nugget Amid Custody Battle
- A scary airport, lofty monasteries and phallus worship! Exploring Bhutan, the ‘world’s happiest country’ and Lonely Planet’s ‘best place to visit in 2020’ - which only opened to tourists in 1974
- Play where you stay: Great hotels for active vacations
- El Niño could be strongest ever — but can it match El Niño mania?
- Bird flu around the world: a guide
- All-American Despair
- Huawei ban: Full timeline as FCC bars Chinese companies from billions in federal subsidies
- RPT-INSIGHT-Millions of Americans still trapped in debt-logged homes ten years after crisis
Hanging Lake to open June 1 with restrictions amid pandemic have 329 words, post on www.sfgate.com at May 19, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.