A BREWERY is giving away its surplus beer due to the coronavirus lockdown with drinkers having to make a donation to the NHS. The Alnwick Brewery Company in Northumberland has said people have to turn up with their own containers to get their hands on some of their cask beer. ⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates One local even joked “he would arrive with a bathtub,” according to the brewery. The firm was left with dozens of casks not drunk when pubs were put on a strict lockdown due to the coronavirus outbreak. Each cask holds around 70 pints (40 litres). Co-owner Ian Robinson said: “We’d brewed up in anticipation of Easter. Suddenly the business was shut down and we thought ‘what can we do with this?’”It’s all very well giving it away but why not try to raise some money through donations? “The beer has a relatively short lifespan and we’re down to its last three weeks so we’ll be doing this for the next few Fridays.” Give now to The Sun’s NHS appealBRITAIN’s four million NHS staff are on the frontline in the battle against coronavirus.But while they are helping save lives,… Read full this story
- TEXT for a pint! Takeaway beers are back on the table after government U-turn... but punters must order drinks by phone or mailing a LETTER under bizarre new lockdown rules
- Takeaway pints are BANNED under second lockdown - as landlords blast 'soul-destroying' decision that will see millions of gallons of beer tipped down drain and see one in four pubs shut for good
- Takeaway booze ban will see beer 'tipped down the drain' in pubs across the UK
- Deliveroo vows to give one million free meals to NHS heroes on the coronavirus frontline
- Takeaway beer back on pub menus in England after lockdown U-turn
- Revellers enjoy last round in pubs before England goes into new lockdown for month
- Party like it's the last weekend before lockdown: Revellers mark Halloween in Newcastle while London's bars do a roaring trade before closing on Thursday for a month
- Coronavirus RECAP: Keir Starmer attacks Boris Johnson over 'slow' lockdown response
- The best pub beer gardens to enjoy your final pint in before lockdown – is your favourite among them?
- It's beginning to look a lot like lockdown: London's Oxford Street is deserted and streets stand empty after a day when commuters still packed the Tubes as month of anti-Covid restrictions begins
Brewery gives away surplus beer left over after lockdown in exchange for NHS donation have 407 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 1, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.