A black man says that one of the Minneapolis police officers involved in the death of George Floyd punched and kicked him until his teeth were knocked out during an incident in 2014. Lamar Ferguson received a settlement of $25,000 from the city when a lawsuit was settled out of court.. Ferguson told how he was attacked by officer Tou Thao, who was seen on video while his partner, Derek Chauvin, pressed his knee onto the neck of Floyd until he passed out while they were arresting him on Monday evening. Floyd died shortly after the arrest. Police claimed he was resisting arrest after they were called to the scene about a forgery in progress at a local deli in Minneapolis. Video of Floyd, 46, pleading with Chauvin, saying ‘I can’t breathe,’ circulated online and sparked outrage nationwide. Floyd’s death and his arrest has prompted scrutiny of the officers involved, including Thao. Lamar Ferguson (left) says he was arrested and beaten by two police officers in 2014 – one of whom was Tou Thao (right), who was one of four cops involved in the arrest of George Floyd Floyd, 44, died in police custody on Monday after he was arrested… Read full this story
- Royal Family news – Queen health fears force her to suddenly pull out of COP26 climate summit days after hospital stay
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 31-June 1
- Val Demings Is on Biden’s V.P. List. Will Her Police Career Hurt or Help?
- A Photographer Captures American Protests — And Iconic Images From Jan. 6
- Another piece of the puzzle
- Netflix: 44 of the absolute best TV shows to watch
- Meghan title row explodes but 'there's nothing to strip from her'
Black man reveals he spent four days in hospital after cop involved in death of George Floyd 'punched and kicked him until his teeth broke' and was paid $25,000 in damages have 276 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 29, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.