BEIJING – China convened the “two sessions” after an over two-month postponement due to COVID-19 as the country makes its homestretch toward “Xiaokang,” a moderately prosperous society in all respects. Attended by about 3,000 national lawmakers and 2,000 political advisors, the week-long event in Beijing provided reassurance that the timetable for the milestone goal will not change, despite the pandemic and global economic recession. Xiaokang will be the first commitment to be fulfilled in the course of realizing the Chinese Dream of national rejuvenation. President Xi Jinping, also general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and chairman of the Central Military Commission, joined national lawmakers and political advisors in discussing state affairs. The nation’s will and strength to overcome any difficulties shone through and a well-off society for 1.4 billion Chinese people is within sight. Making history A meal of meat and staple foods made from fine flour was an unrealistic wish during the harsh times decades ago in Liangjiahe, a village in Northwest China’s Shaanxi province, where Xi spent seven years of his youth working alongside peasants. Now Xi is leading the nation’s battle to wipe out the absolute poverty that has haunted the nation… Read full this story
- Twitter Toxic as Trump Recalls Dubbing Xi Jinping China's 'King'
- The New York Times:Italy Gives Xi, and China’s Vast Infrastructure Project, a Royal Welcome
- Xi, Macron hold talks as France seeks EU unity on China
- China's president calls for more countries to join Belt and Road initiative
- On the Cyber Battlefield, China, Not Russia, Is the Biggest Threat to the U.S.
- China's Xi pledges to 'fight corruption' at Belt and Road summit
- European bloc not considering joining China’s Belt and Road plans
- Tesla taps China’s market ahead of schedule
- China's Xi meets top EU leaders to strengthen ties
- Italy to join China’s New Silk Road infrastructure plan
Amid hardships, Xi leads China's sprint to milestone have 325 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at May 28, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.