New Delhi: The total number of coronavirus patients in the world by Monday (May 25, 2020) evening increased to 55.57 lakh after 62,855 new confirmed cases were reported. According to the Worldometers website at 11:55 PM IST on Monday, there were approximately 55,57,310 traceable COVID-19 infections across the globe. With 1,878 new deaths, the toll surged to 3,48,312, whereas, the number of recoveries increased to 23,33,215. The United States (US) with 16.96 lakh cases tops the list of having the most number of confirmed cases in the world. The US on Monday reported around 10,111 fresh cases. Brazil on the second spot registered 4,288 new cases and the country’s total count jumped to 3.67 lakh. Brazil is followed by Russia where there were close to 8,950 new cases in the last 24 hours. Russia has so far witnessed over 3.53 lakh positive cases. Spain has more than 2.82 lakh infections while the United Kingdom (UK) with 1,625 new cases has now over 2.61 lakh COVID-19 patients. Italy (2.30 lakh), France (1.82 lakh), Germany (1.80 lakh), Turkey (1.57 lakh), and India (1.44 lakh) are the other countries in the top-10 list. Countries with most COVID-19 deaths: The US is on the… Read full this story
- Footballer Darron Gibson facing jail after new drink-drive case
- New table tennis session launched for over 55s in Castle Mall
- Where to pre-order the new 2018/19 Liverpool home kit
- New Finnish Party Defying 'Globalism, Migration' Seeks to Take Part in Election
- Could you help support Boroughbridge's new U-19 side?
- Bristol Rovers new 2018/19 home and away kit revealed
- US fears of 'mystery weapon' revived by new China diplomat cases
- ‘No new clues’ in case of missing British toddler in Germany
- New York’s Case Against Trump May Be Prophetic
- Manchester United fans aren't happy with new 2018/19 home kit
62,855 new COVID-19 cases globally take total count to 55.57 lakh have 287 words, post on zeenews.india.com at May 26, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.