(CNN)While NBA players search for ways to stay fit during the current suspension of play caused by the coronavirus, Enes Kanter has much more than basketball on his mind. Throughout this season, the Boston Celtics backup center has played with an infectious smile that belied the intense pressures of his personal life. Follow @cnnsport One of the NBA’s most popular players has been facing a range of tumultuous challenges off the court, including death threats and the criminal trial of his father back home in Turkey. “Basketball is my escape,” Kanter recently told CNN in the Celtics’ locker room after an overtime win against the Los Angeles Clippers. “As soon as I’m on the court, it’s my escape. I’m like, you know what? I’m just going to focus on my teammates, basketball and winning. “But as soon as I step off the court, the same conversation starts: How can I help those people out there?” he added, referring to thousands of Turks who have been held accountable by their government for alleged crimes against the state. Read More Enes Katner #11 poses for photos during a Celtics media day last year. READ: The NBA could lose billions this season In… Read full this story
- Celtics trade Enes Kanter to Trail Blazers in three-way deal
- Report: Trail Blazers getting Enes Kanter as Celtics and Grizzlies complete draft-day trade
- Celtics trade Vincent Poirier to Thunder; Enes Kanter picks up $5 million option
- Everything The Celtics Did — And Didn’t Do — At 2020 NBA Draft
- NBA Free Agency 2020: Which Teams Have the Most Cap Space?
- Here are the top five NBA free agents still available
- Giannis: Don't call me MVP until I'm an NBA champion
- NBA Free Agency 2020: The Top 10 Players Ranked
- NBA Free Agency 2020: When Can Teams Sign Players and Who's Available?
- Viewership for NBA Finals Finale Crashes Nearly 70%, Beaten by Random Sunday Night Football Game
Why Enes Kanter has more than just losing the NBA season on his mind have 310 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 2, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.