The armed forces have over 6,500 coronavirus cases at more than 150 bases in every state in the United States except Iowa, Indiana, Minnesota, and Montana, according to new data from the Defense Department. Though the Pentagon continues to keep secret the number of coronavirus cases by military bases, Newsweek obtained a series of updated spreadsheets compiled by individual commands. National Guard forces in at least 20 states have also reported coronavirus cases. Since Newsweek exclusively reported the spread of coronavirus in the U.S. military on April 9, four states—Connecticut, Idaho, Maine, Michigan—plus the District of Columbia have been added to the American map. With the services reporting 6,568 cases of COVID-19 among uniformed, civilian, contractors and family members as of early Monday, this is the fourth week in a row where cases grew by roughly 1,000. The Navy’s 1,659 cases constitute the rightest of all the services, with 969 sailors aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt now having been tested positive. Last week the destroyer USS Kidd, operating on counter-drug missions in the eastern Pacific off the coast of Mexico, had an outbreak of coronavirus, with the Navy reporting 47 cases. Forty-one Navy ships and one Coast Guard cutter have… Read full this story
- U.S. Navy Ship That Rescued 40 People from Deadly Shipwreck Is Still at Sea as Italy Refuses Boats Carrying Migrants Safe Harbor
- Our Complete List of States With Laws That Bind Votes of Presidential Electors
- UK Financial Services Regulatory Structure Facing Major Reforms
- Navy Completes Inquiry Into Strangling Death of Army Green Beret in Mali
- U.S. Navy veteran must surrender to ICE, could face deportation over criminal past
- How Does China's Navy Compare to the U.S?
- Navy worried about recruit numbers due to Trump administration's green card policy
- Pentagon makes massive new AI push for tanks, ships, weapons, drones and networks
- Chinese warships finally sail out of Sydney Harbour after the display of military might sparked warnings Australia is 'kowtowing to Beijing'
- 2 US Military Personnel Detained In Portugal For Assault, Theft
The Complete List of Military Coronavirus Cases By Base, As Second Navy Ship Faces Major Outbreak have 325 words, post on www.newsweek.com at April 28, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.