Image zoom Getty With social distancing in full effect due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, parents are wondering if and when it’s OK to take their kids to the doctor, whether for a routine appointment or if their child is sick. While it’s important that families stay home when they can, health experts say parents should not skip routine appointments, especially those that involve vaccinations. Get push notifications with news, features and more. + Follow Following You’ll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. “The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that we keep up with [routine] check-ups and we prioritize those under 2 because that’s who gets the vaccines, and they need that protection,” Dr. Sara H. Goza, M.D., president of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) tells PEOPLE. “There is a really important reason for children not to miss their vaccines,” she explains. “If we do that, we will put ourselves at risk for having a vaccine-preventable disease outbreak like measles or whooping cough,” Goza explains. Goza says that while there can be some flexibility when it comes to older kids’ annual physicals, she advises parents to stay on schedule with vaccinations. “Even in… Read full this story
- Fox’s Megyn Kelly Tells Parents to Vaccinate Their Kids: Some Things Require ‘Big Brother’
- Megyn Kelly Goes After Jenny McCarthy for Misleading Parents on Vaccines
- Do you and your teens know about a meningoccal vaccine they should be getting?
- Parents back jab as MP advocates compulsory MMR vaccine
- GOP Rep. Sean Duffy: ‘Oppressive’ to Mandate Vaccines
- California lawmakers eye bills on vaccines, guns, housing
- Jenny McCarthy Insists She’s ‘Certainly Not Against’ Vaccine Use
- Amid flurry of new cancer drugs, how many offer real benefits?
- Jenelle Evans and David Eason are proud parents as they start their kids Kaiser and Maryssa at school amid custody drama
- 'ICU Grandpa' cradles babies when their parents can't
Pediatricians Want Parents to Keep Children's Vaccination Appointments amid Coronavirus have 316 words, post on people.com at April 17, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.