Pakistan’s trade deficit reduced by 26.45% from July-March of FY2019-20 as compared to the corresponding period last financial year, Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) report said.During the period under review, the country’s exports registered about a 2.23% growth to reach $17.451 billion against exports of $17.071bn in the same period last financial year.Meanwhile, imports reduced by 14.42%, going down from $40.679 billion in first three quarters of the previous financial year to $34.814 billion in the same period of the current financial year.Based on the figures, trade deficit during the period under review was recorded at $17.363bn against the deficit of $23.608bn last financial year, showing a decline of 26.45%.On a year-on-year basis, exports decreased by 8.46% to $1.808bn during March this year as against exports in March last year that had hit $1.974 billionImports also witnessed sharp decline of 19.85% during the month from $4.116 billion in March 2019 to $3.299 billion in March 2020.On a month-on-month basis, exports decreased by 15.56% in March 2020 when compared to exports of $2.140 billion in February 2020.Likewise, imports declined by 21.17% in March 2020 as compared to imports of $4.185 million in February.
- Exports dip 8.74% in Nov; trade deficit narrows to USD 9.87 bn
- Donald Trump voices concern about Vietnam’s trade deficit in call with PM
- Exports dip 8.74 pc in Nov; trade deficit narrows to USD 9.87 bn
- Vietnam likely recorded $1 billion trade deficit in December: preliminary data
- Pandemic takes toll on Vietnam’s exports to Israel: trade office
- PM Imran Khan says Pakistan made remarkable economic turnaround despite coronavirus pandemic
- Are Saudi Arabia and Pakistan untying the knot?
- Pakistan's coronavirus death toll surges past 9,000
- Punjab records highest single-day death toll in five months
- Over 1,000 lives lost to coronavirus across Pakistan in December so far
Pakistan's trade deficit diminished by 26.45% in last nine months have 274 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.