Synopsis Part of the money will go towards America’s Food Fund. Related Covid-19: After donating $1 million, Kylie Jenner teams up with cosmetics company to produce hand sanitisers Anupama Nadella donates another Rs 2 cr to Covid-19 fight, this time for PM Modi’s fund LOS ANGELES: Oprah Winfrey said on Thursday she was donating $10 million to coronavirus relief efforts, including a new venture to help get food to vulnerable Americans during the coronavirus epidemic . Winfrey, one of America’s richest and most influential women, made the announcement on her social media platforms. “I am donating $10 million overall to help Americans during this pandemic in cities across the country and in areas where I grew up,” she said. Winfrey, 66, was born into poverty in Mississippi and raised in Milwaukee and Tennessee. Part of the money will go towards the new initiative called America’s Food Fund, launched in conjunction with Apple Inc , the Ford Foundation, Laurene Powell Jobs and actor Leonardo DiCaprio. It will help feed those most impacted by the coronavirus epidemic in America, including children who rely on school lunch programs, low-income families, the elderly, and individuals facing job disruptions. RECOMMENDED STORIES FOR YOU Covid-19: After… Read full this story
- Explained: What is being done to distribute Covid-19 vaccines globally?
- Terry Mills dead: Top celeb agent, 38, dies alone in Mexico after contracting Covid-19
- Will COVID-19 Sound The Permanent Death Knell For Public Transit?
- Hanoians help disadvantaged survive COVID-19
- For Britain’s chicken farmers, Brexit and COVID-19 brew a perfect storm
- 'We're missing huge amounts of data': Why we still can't track the spread of COVID-19 across the Bay Area
- Kids 5-11 In Philadelphia Area Begin Receiving Pfizer’s COVID Vaccine After CDC Approval
- The Coronavirus Crisis Tears Europe Apart at the Seams
- CDC Gives Final Approval For Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine To Kids Ages 5 To 11
- At odds with national Republicans, GOP mayors welcome long-awaited COVID relief
Oprah Winfrey coronavirus donation | Joining the Covid-19 fight: Oprah Winfrey donates $10 million for coronavirus relief have 313 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.