The leftist governing coalition has closed all ports in Italy to migrant transport NGOs, stating that the country is no longer a safe haven due to the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak. The government has stated that Italy will be closed to all migrants and asylum seekers due to the Chinese virus outbreak and that its ports will not accept any migrant transport NGO vessels until at least July 31st. Several Italian ministries endorsed the move including the Health Ministry and Interior Ministry which put out a statement alongside other departments. "For the entire period of the duration of the national health emergency resulting from the spread of the COVID-19 virus Italian ports do not ensure the necessary requirements for the classification and definition of 'Place of Safety', pursuant to the provisions of the Hamburg Convention, on research and maritime rescue, for rescue cases carried out by naval units flying a foreign flag outside the Italian SAR [search and rescue] area," the statement said according to Il Giornale . The coronavirus outbreak has led to most migrant transport NGOs keeping their vessels in port , except for the German-based NGO Sea-Eye which recently picked up 150 migrants from the North African coast and… Read full this story
- How Populists Used COVID to Turn Sicily Against Migrants
- MEPs Tell Frontex Head To Quit Claiming Agency Illegally Stopped Migrants
- Confined to our homes, schools closed and small businesses in ruin: Prime Minister may announce tough new restrictions TODAY - so what will an Italy-style lockdown look like in Australia?
- ‘What About My Daughter?’ 1,000 pop. English Village Braces for 500-Man Migrant Camp
- Christmas gifts delayed until MARCH! UK ports chaos sparks supplier warning that items from PS5s, AirPods, coffee machines and DIY tools may not arrive by Dec 25 - amid growing No Deal Brexit fears
- These Countries Are the Most Dependent on Tourism
- Christmas cheer - but not too close! Kate Middleton and Prince William stand outside and wave to elderly residents during a visit to a care home on their royal tour
- Europeans snap up old cars to avoid public transport
- Care homes will have to WAIT for Pfizer coronavirus vaccine: Jab will be distributed at hospitals first and then GP surgeries because doses can only be transported in batches of 975
- Boeing jet is forced to turn around MID-AIR after Britain bans 737 MAX planes following Ethiopia disaster, as rest of Europe and India follows suit
Italy Closes Ports to Migrant Transport NGOs, Deeming Country 'Not Safe' have 396 words, post on www.breitbart.com at April 9, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.