(CNN)States on the country’s East and West coasts are forming their own regional pacts to work together on how to reopen from the stay-at-home orders each has issued to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus. The first such group to be announced came Monday on the East Coast. Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said his state, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Rhode Island and Massachusetts each plan to name a public health and economic official to a regional working group. The chief of staff of the governor of each state also will be a part of the group, which will begin work immediately to design a reopening plan. Later on Monday, the West Coast states of California, Washington and Oregon also announced they are joining forces in a plan to begin incremental release of stay-at-home orders. Governors of the three states will collaborate on their approach to getting back to business in “in a safe, strategic, responsible way,” as announced by California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom. Covid-19 numbers show promise, but health experts warn each state is a different battleground The collaborative approach by governors on both coasts underscored the massive and complex calculations that the nation is… Read full this story
- Covid Progress Stalls In Los Angeles, Orange County And Bay Area Even As State Announces Broad Reopenings
- Mamata Banerjee reduced West Bengal to state of penury : Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath
- Secession: Yoruba are going nowhere, S/South, S/East react to declaration of Oodua Republic
- West's Libya Bombing 10 Years Ago Drove Vladimir Putin to Middle East Showdown with U.S.
- Trump to reopen Northeast Canyons and Seamounts National Monument for fishing
- Phuket gears up to reopen for quarantine-free travel in July
- At Least 160 Dead in Indonesia, East Timor as Tropical Cyclone Seroja Batters Region
- Georgia Governor Signs Heartbeat Bill Into Law Amid Hollywood Scrutiny
- Can't ignore economy while battling COVID-19: PM to CMs
- Anambra: Primary election to decide our flag bearer ― PDP aspirant
Governors on East and West coasts form pacts to decide when to reopen economies have 322 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 13, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.