EU leaders appear to be split on how to help the bloc’s economies recover New coronavirus infections rise in Germany for the third day in a row Google says ‘state-sponsored’ groups are targeting institutions like the WHO New York is launching a campaign to track and isolate COVID-19 cases There are over 2,630,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases and 183,500 deaths worldwide, according to the Johns Hopkins Institute Updates in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC/GMT) 18:28 Italy’s Giuseppe Conte hailed “unthinkable” progress following a EU video summit on the bloc’s coronavirus response. The Italian prime minister is the main proponent of the so-called “corona bonds” scheme that would allow poorer EU countries to take out cheap loans with the richer ones providing necessary guarantees. However, Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel already restated her opposition to the idea after the Thursday summit. 18:08 The EU still had to agree on the “exact magnitude” of its recovery fund, as well as its financing and its relation to the next EU budget, said the head of the European Council Charles Michel. “We welcomed the Joint Roadmap for Recovery which sets out important principles: solidarity, cohesion and convergence. It defines 4 key areas for action: a fully functioning #EUSingleMarket, unprecedented investment… Read full this story
- EU leaders hail summit victory on migration but details scant
- Salvini Accuses Leftist Govt of Giving Away Italian Sovereignty to EU
- Long-term investors, enter midcaps now, but be selective: Vinit Sambre, DSP Mutual Fund
- EU tells Theresa May to break the Brexit impasse over Northern Ireland ahead of Brussels summit
- EU says Trump car tariffs 'will put a tax on the US people'
- Angela Merkel visits Auschwitz for the first time in 14 years as Germany's leader
- Britain 'will NEVER be free from the EU rules': Nigel Farage blasts Boris Johnson's plans to take no deal Brexit off the table in manifesto as the Brexit Party ramps up plans to contest every seat in election
- Furious Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson demands to be included in ITV's election debate and accuses 'boys' Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn of being too 'scared' to take her on (and Nigel Farage isn't invited either)
- HUD Withholds $18 Billion In Disaster Aid From Puerto Rico, Lawmakers Threaten To Fight Back By Denying Agency Funds
- Tsipras faces fight to stay in power after EU elections mauling
Coronavirus latest: EU leaders want large recovery fund, stall on details have 378 words, post on www.dw.com at April 23, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.