The six-time Tony nominee, who was starring in ‘Moulin Rouge’ at the time of the shutdown, opens up about the alarming progression of his illness, his terrifying hospitalization and his recovery at home. Editor’s note: One of Broadway’s most beloved performers, Danny Burstein has drawn rave reviews for his superlative work in both plays and musicals. His performances have earned him six Tony Award nominations to date — for The Drowsy Chaperone in 2006, South Pacific in 2008, Follies in 2012, Golden Boy in 2013, Cabaret in 2014 and Fiddler on the Roof in 2016. Theater pundits have been widely predicting a seventh for his exhilarating turn as louche impresario Harold Zidler in Moulin Rouge! The Musical, the runaway sensation of the 2019-20 Broadway season, which looks sure to be in the mix once the postponed Tonys are rescheduled. Burstein is one of several members of the Moulin Rouge company, including co-star Aaron Tveit, struck by COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus. He became severely ill in the days following the March 12 Broadway shutdown and was hospitalized as his condition worsened to an alarming degree. Back at home recovering with his wife — fellow Broadway treasure Rebecca Luker,… Read full this story
- Fiona Phillips, 59, reveals she was bedbound for THREE weeks after contracting coronavirus in first TV appearance since recovering
- Coronation Street is back in business! Cast and crew RETURN to the cobbles to resume filming after 3-month COVID-19 lockdown break... as stars shoot scenes stood 2 metres apart and cameramen stay out of reach to adhere to TV's social distancing rules
- 'I thought I was getting a motorbike, I got a three-tonne truck!' 99-year-old VJ Day veteran enjoys Zoom chat with Princess Anne - as the royal continues her 70th birthday celebrations at Gatcombe
- Happy birthday HRH! Royal family releases three new portraits of Princess Anne resplendent in evening gowns and relaxing in the grounds of Gatcombe Park to celebrate her 70th
- As Comedy Clubs Give Way To Parks And Drive-Ins, Comics Like Iliza Shlesinger Forge New Roads
- Melania Trump pleads for an end to 'looting and violence in the name of justice' as she tackles racial division, mourns victims of COVID and backs her husband saying he gives 'total honesty' and 'loves America'
- EXCLUSIVE 'I'm not waiting anymore': Fleur East says she's now 'more open to the idea of starting a family' after the death of her father put things into 'perspective'
- 100 Best Movies Under 100 Minutes
- The 80 best films on Amazon Prime to watch right now
- The 40 best movies on Hulu right now
Broadway Star Danny Burstein on Harrowing Coronavirus Experience: "Strength Through Stillness" (Guest Column) have 413 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at April 13, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.