Regional business organizations have scheduled a webinar Tuesday on the effects of COVID-19 on landlords and tenants.The webinar is part of a series the groups — including One Acadiana, the Lafayette Economic Development Authority and the Downtown Development Authority — are doing to help businesses navigate the economic shutdown caused by the coronavirus.The webinar, including a presentation by Jones Walker, will focus on such issues as rent deferment and abatement, force majeure, and remote notary services. They will also looking at changes that can be expected, such as how contracts will be written in the future. Success! An email has been sent with a link to confirm list signup. Error! There was an error processing your request. Jones Walker attorney Kyle Bacon, who will be one of the webinar’s speakers, said last week sop far eviction filings with the courts closed. When things get back to normal, the number of cases could rise.“Even though we’re not seeing evictions right now, we are entertaining a lot of calls and inquiries from clients about dealing with rent payment issues,” Bacon said. “Tenants are requesting deferrals, forebearance or abatement of rent. And landlords are having to respond to that. Most of what we… Read full this story
- Acadia Parish chamber to host candidate forum Sept. 27 at Grand Opera House
- Plate Lunch-A-Palooza set for Saturday at Sugar Mill Pond
- Human Resources Expo event topics include handling sexual harassment in the workplace
- Founder of The Pyramid Group to speak at Broussard chamber event next week
- Shareholders of Lafayette-based PHI asking company to sell assets to reduce its $600M debt
- North Louisiana shale formation production reaches highest point since 2012
- Lafayette councilman wants June to be 'Pride Month'; critic says he's trying to make it a 'gay city'
- Seven Lafayette law enforcement officers honored for kindness at Beyond the Badge awards
- Report: Nearly 41,000 homes in Louisiana could be at risk of chronic flooding by 2045
- Inside Ed Orgeron's phone call with President Donald Trump; 'The President's office is calling'
Acadiana business goups host Tuesday webinar for renters and landlords have 327 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at April 13, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.