(CNN)A 99-year-old man and nine others were charged in New Jersey with violating the state’s ban on gatherings aimed at stemming the spread of coronavirus, officials said. The group was celebrating an engagement in Lakewood, New Jersey, on Tuesday, Ocean County Prosecutor Bradley D. Billhimer and police Chief Gregory Meyer said in a news release. The couple hosting the party was also charged with six counts of child endangerment, one count for each of their six minor children who were at the celebration, the prosecutor’s office said. New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy announced a statewide “stay at home” order March 21 that prohibits all gatherings, such as celebrations. “Can’t believe I have to say this at all, let alone for the second time,” the governor wrote on Twitter last weekend. “But here we are. NO CORONA PARTIES. They’re illegal, dangerous, and stupid. We will crash your party. You will pay a big fine. And we will name & shame you until EVERYONE gets this message into their heads.” Read More Police are arresting and fining people for violating social distancing orders The engagement party isn’t the first to be broken up by authorities in the state. Last week, the New… Read full this story
- Unrepentant Dickhole Chris Christie Vetoes New Jersey Minimum Wage Hike
- New Jersey’s New Governor Is Kicking Chris Christie’s Ass on Climate Change
- You Can Now Legally Buy A Tesla In New Jersey
- New Jersey Game Store Swatting Takes An Uglier Turn
- Getting Gas In New Jersey Is Unbelievably Annoying
- To The People Of New Jersey
- Chris Christie Raises New Jersey's Smoking Age to 21
- New Jersey Lawmakers On Path To Allow Tesla Direct Sales
- Elon Musk 'Doesn't Get What It Takes To Do Business In New Jersey'
- 'Seinfeld' star Alexander, Southside Johnny in New Jersey fame hall
99-year-old in New Jersey charged after attending party during state ban on gatherings have 300 words, post on edition.cnn.com at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.