According to The New York Times , North Korean officials announced some details of the letter via the country’s state-run Korean Central News Agency Advertisement 9710094b Credit: Evan Vucci/AP/Shutterstock President Donald Trump reportedly sent a letter to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un offering assistance to the isolated country during global efforts to slow the novel coronavirus pandemic . According to The New York Times , North Korean officials announced some details of the letter via the country's state-run Korean Central News Agency. Get push notifications with news, features and more. + Follow Following You’ll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. The White House confirmed Trump sent a letter to North Korea, according to the Times , though it did not cite specifics of what the letter said. (A White House spokeswoman did not respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.) Kim Yo-jong, Kim's sister and one of his policy aides, said Trump "wished the family of the Chairman and our people well-being," according to the Times . "I would like to extend sincere gratitude to the U.S. president for sending his invariable faith to the Chairman," Yo-jong reportedly said. The novel coronavirus had infected more… Read full this story
- Sarah Sanders says Donald Trump scrapped new North Korea sanctions because he 'likes' Kim Jong Un
- Dennis Rodman cries on television after Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un shake hands
- North Korea says U.S. has declared war and is trying to invade
- Donald Trump sent CIA to outbid rival nations on PPE, former top U.K. aide says
- Trump tells Kim Jong Un he "likes him" in G20 message
- South Korea has 'enough intelligence' that Kim Jong-un is not gravely ill
- Kim Jong-un Offers North Korea’s Hand to South, While Chiding U.S.
- North Korea says it would rather "starve or freeze to death" than give in as the U.S. gets tough
- North Korea says U.S. plots racist chemical and biological attacks, evoking past controversies
- North Korea wants sanctions eased to restart talks with US - Seoul lawmakers
North Korea Says Donald Trump Sent Kim Jong Un a Letter Offering Coronavirus Aid: Report have 347 words, post on people.com at March 23, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.