MARYLAND — The number of deaths from the new coronavirus has tripled over the weekend, according to the latest information from Maryland health officials. Saturday began with five fatalities, which doubled to 10 by that night, and another five deaths were reported Sunday afternoon. That brings the known death toll from the coronavirus to 15 people in Maryland. Maryland now has 1,239 confirmed cases of the virus, according to data released Sunday morning. Nearly 250 people tested positive for the new coronavirus in Maryland since the previous day.The number of cases was increasing at “frightening paces,” Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said on Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace. “We think it’s going to be worse in two weeks, not better,” Hogan said. “Around Easter, we’re going to be looking a lot more like New York.””It’s not exactly the way it’s been described,” Hogan said of the virus on Fox News Sunday, referencing the initial guidance that those more prone to the effects of the virus were older adults. People in their 20s, 30s and 40s were getting diagnosed with COVID-19, as well as babies as young as 4 months and 10 months old, the governor reported.The Maryland Department of Health… Read full this story
- Man caught after faking death to avoid case
- The Death Penalty: Why We Fight for Equal Justice
- Housing crisis: did damp and crowding contribute to cot death?
- Brunei backs down on gay sex death penalty after international backlash
- Lawyers For Alleged Tree Of Life Shooter Robert Bowers Say Death Penalty Is Unconstitutional
- Rajasthan: Kota Hospital Death Toll Increases To 102
- China confirms more cases of mystery viral pneumonia
- Surging No. 19 Iowa returns home to host talented Maryland
- New hepatitis C infections triple due to opioid epidemic
- Mystery Of PA Woman's Resort Death Deepens
Maryland Coronavirus Deaths Triple In 2 Days, Cases Exceed 1,200 have 306 words, post on patch.com at March 29, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.