A jobless man who kept getting too close to Tesco shoppers has become one of the first to be prosecuted under coronavirus social distancing rules. Steven Mackie breached new guidelines ordering people to remain two metres away from each other under emergency legislation designed to prevent the further spread of coronavirus. The first time police were called, Mackie was taken home after getting too close to queueing shoppers outside Tesco. Police noted how he did not appear to need to do any shopping himself. And he then returned 15 minutes later and repeated the offence, M.E.N reports. He has now been fined £500 for repeatedly flouting social distancing rules outside the supermarket in Stalybridge, Tameside, Greater Manchester. The chairman of the bench blasted his “stupidity” Mackie today apologised to magistrates, who fined him £500, and denied he had been ‘quite happy to kill people’. Mackie, 53, of Stamford Street, Stalybridge, pleaded guilty to an offence under the Health Regulations 2020. A court heard he approached people queueing outside Tesco on Trinity Street in Stalybridge at 5.30pm on Saturday and appeared to breach guidelines urging people to stay at least two metres away from each other. Police were on patrol at… Read full this story
- How Do You Know When You’re Overdosing On Social Networks?
- Romelu Lukaku greeted by wild Inter Milan fans as he jets in for medical ahead of £76.5m transfer from Man Utd on £300,000-a-week
- MEET BRUCE BOCHY / NEW HEAD MAN / San Francisco's 16th manager owns reputation to match his cap size Former Army brat keeps a low profile, and players love it
- Harry Styles Is The Savviest Man In Pop Music Right Now
- FTC rules Facebook users deceived by Cambridge Analytica
- Facebook hit with $5bn fine over user privacy fears
- John Oliver Clip is 'Extremist,' Russian Court Rules as it Fines Activist for Sharing Online
- ‘Repeatedly Drunk’ Ronny Jackson’s VA Nomination Is on Life Support
- This Was The Decade The Internet Ruled Our Language
- Erdoğan refuses to rule out execution of failed Turkey coup leaders
Man fined £500 for repeatedly flouting social distancing rules outside Tesco have 332 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.