WASHINGTON (AP) — Partial highlights of a roughly $2.2 trillion package — Loans and guarantees to businesses, state and local governments: $500 billion. Includes up to $50 billion for passenger airlines, $8 billion for cargo carriers, $17 billion for “businesses critical to maintaining national security.” Companies accepting loans may not repurchase outstanding stock; must maintain their employment levels as of March 13, 2020 “to the extent practicable”; and bar raises for two years to executives earning over $425,000 annually. Companies are not eligible for loans if top administration officials, members of Congress or their families have 20% control. — Small businesses: Includes $350 billion in loans for companies with 500 employees or fewer, including nonprofits, self-employed people and hotel and restaurant chains with no more than 500 workers per location. Government provides eight weeks of cash assistance through loans to cover payroll, rent and other expenses, much of which would be forgiven if the company retains workers. Also $17 billion to help small businesses repay existing loans; $10 billion for grants up to $10,000 for small businesses to pay operating costs. — Emergency unemployment insurance: $260 billion. Includes extra 13 weeks of coverage for people who have exhausted existing benefits…. Read full this story
- Congress bares fangs as Modi government completes four years in office
- Murder, Ballot Snatching, Bloody Violence... The Full Story Of APC's Nationwide Ward Congresses
- He Voted for Trump. Now He’s Running for Congress as a Pro-Pot, Pro-Coal Democrat.
- May Day should highlight unequal economic growth: Sajith
- Congress must manage the consequences of the withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal
- WATCH LIVE: President Trump unveils plans for reducing drug prices
- 4 years of Modi government: Efforts on economic front will pay-off in the long run
- New family planning project in Egypt recommends ‘Only Two Kids’
- ELECTIONS-MANIFESTO-BLP looking to fund its recovery plan through debt restructuring
- There are few teeth in Trump’s plan to reduce prescription drug prices
Highlights of Congress’ massive virus economic relief plan have 294 words, post on apnews.com at March 26, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.