The coronavirus pandemic has killed at least 20,500 people worldwide since it first appeared in China in December, official figures say. More than 452,160 confirmed cases of infection have been diagnosed in 182 countries and territories since the start of the pandemic. The tallies, using data collected from national authorities and information from the World Health Organisation (WHO), are likely to reflect only a fraction of the actual number of infections. Many countries are now only testing cases that require hospitalisation. School pupils attend the graduation ceremony held at the school field with keeping social distance amid the coronavirus pandemic at Senjusakura Elementary School in Tokyo, Japan Employees from the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) for Refugees uses a temperature test machine on a child in Palestine A worker sweeps the almost empty streets during the first day of national quarantine to stop spread of COVID-19 in Bogota, Colombia A woman, wearing a protective face mask, and her child, sit on a curb in Mexico City as the child laughs at something that was said to him This incredible aerial view picture shows the empty Liberacion square in Guadalajara, Mexico, at around 8am on Wednesday A member of… Read full this story
- Coronavirus digest: Europe tightens restrictions as cases rise
- Coronavirus digest: Global death toll nears 1 million
- Coronavirus: Global deaths pass 1 million mark
- Global Covid report: Rio cancels Carnival for first time in a century as global deaths near 1m
- Who passes the test in the race to beat Covid… and are other countries really doing better than us?
- Record spike in Covid cases ‘due to stampede to get to pub before lockdown’ say experts
- MPs APPROVE national lockdown despite rebellion of 34 Tories with Theresa May venting fury at Boris Johnson using 'wrong' figures of 4,000 deaths a day to shore up his case
- Wuhan doctor tests positive for coronavirus after the city reported zero cases for five days in a row as leading doctor warns 'mission is not accomplished' for the former epicentre
- Shocking pictures show Italian coronavirus patients on ventilators in hospital corridors as country battles second wave
- He faces deportation and COVID-19 while his wife battles the virus as an ICU nurse
Global deaths from coronavirus races past 20,000 with 450,000 confirmed cases as 182 countries and territories battle the deadly virus - with 3 BILLION people now in lockdown worldwide have 355 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.