Gangwon Gov. Choi Moon-soon, right, and Hwang Pu-reum, an official at the Gangwon Provincial Government, pose with potatoes in a promotional video they created to sell potatoes harvested last year to help out local farmers. [HWANG PU-REUM]Since securing a box of face masks during the coronavirus outbreak has become an impossible feat these days, some people have settled instead for a box of potatoes. To be exact, 10 kilograms (22 pounds) of potatoes for just 5,000 won ($4.10).“I have potatoes at home!” read a tweet posted on Tuesday. “What a relief.”“I finally succeeded on the last day of pocketing,” another person wrote on Tuesday. “Now it’s time to collect all the recipes I can to learn what I can make with potatoes.”Pocketing is a portmanteau of “potatoes” and “ticketing,” a word often used by Koreans to describe the competitive race to secure tickets online for K-pop concerts. The race to buy potatoes from Gangwon began with an idea thought up at the Gangwon Provincial Office in early March.Gangwon Gov. Choi Moon-soon hosted a meeting at the office early in the month and told his staff about how many potato farmers in Gangwon no longer had retail partners due to school… Read full this story
- Don’t care Kyrgios the hottest ticket in town
- The coolest hideaways in our hottest European cities
- How to get a ticket for Grimsby Town's trip to Chelsea
- Grimsby Town fans queue up to secure Chelsea tickets!
- Grimsby Town 'exploring alternatives' in season ticket sales
- How Grimsby Town fans can get a Chelsea ticket
- How to get a ticket for Grimsby Town against Chelsea
- Could Grimsby Town be doing more to attract fans?
- Band of Skulls announce O2 Forum Kentish Town show on UK tour
- Professor Green announces O2 Forum Kentish Town show on UK tour
Gangwon potatoes become the hottest ticket in town have 312 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at March 30, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.