President Donald Trump toured the Centers for Disease Control on Friday and, as he often does, he took questions from the press. When a correspondent asked him a question about the administration’s response to the wave of cancellations of public events and other hits to the economy, Trump veered off into an aside about ratings. More specifically, he brought up the topic of how well his Fox News town hall did on Thursday night. “As of the time I left the plane with you, we had 240 cases — that’s at least what was on a very fine network known as Fox News,” Trump said. “I know you love it. But that’s what I happened to be watching. And how was the show last night? Did it get good ratings, by the way?” The reporter said he did not know. “Oh really? I heard it broke all ratings records but maybe that’s wrong. That’s what they told me,” he said. “I can’t imagine that happened.” Trump’s Fox News town hall, held in Scranton, PA, drew 4.2 million viewers, ahead of any other town hall this cycle. As he spoke to reporters, Trump also bashed the governor of Washington state, Jay… Read full this story
- Fox News White House reporter John Roberts slams 'petty' ABC News colleague Jonathan Karl for trying to 'shame' him for not wearing a mask in the Rose Garden before Trump's press conference
- 'A lot of evidence still needs to be looked at': Marjorie Taylor Greene uses town hall to double down on discredited theory that election WAS stolen - amid calls to expel her from Congress for denying Sandy Hook and Parkland school shooting
- Georgia CONFIRMS Biden victory: State ballot recount deals another blow to Donald Trump's election fraud claims as his supporters turn out for 'stop the steal' rally
- Trump praises Lou Dobbs as Fox News cancels his high-rated show a day after voting software company Smartmatic filed a $2.7billion defamation suit against the 75-year-old host and the network for pushing election fraud conspiracy
- Joe Biden dismisses Democrats' bid to convict Donald Trump by saying they DON'T have enough votes in the Senate - at the very moment they deliver article of impeachment
- Fox News purge: Political editor Chris Stirewalt - who was part of the election team that called Arizona for Biden - is laid off alongside almost 20 other digital staffers
- Donald Trump Announced His Campaign Two Years Ago, and Here Are 10 Crazy Things He Has Done Since
- Fox News' Peter Doocy, the President's Punching Bag, Has No Time For Biden Bashing
- Roger Ailes Dies: Former Fox News Chairman And CEO Was 77
- Why Has Donald Trump Clammed Up?
Donald Trump Talks Up His Fox News Town Hall Ratings During Coronavirus Press Availability have 440 words, post on deadline.com at March 6, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.