State and federal education chiefs met this morning to discuss the COVID-19 situation for schools where they decided that principals should be focusing on the wellbeing of children not on the exam, the Australian Curriculum and Reporting Authority said in a statement. The exam which assessed Year 3, 5, 7 and Year 9 students every year was scheduled to take place online and in the classroom in May. “Education Ministers met today and decided that NAPLAN will not proceed in 2020,” it said. “The decision to not proceed with NAPLAN in 2020 has been taken to assist school leaders, teachers and support staff to focus on the wellbeing of students and continuity of education, including potential online and remote learning.” Education ministers took the advice of chief medical officers not to continue with the tests. VIRUS CLAIMS SEVENTH AUSSIE, ELDERLY ADVISED TO STAY INDOORS An 81-year-old NSW woman has died after contracting coronavirus, bringing the state’s death toll to six and seven across Australia. The woman died on Thursday night after close contact with a confirmed case linked to Ryde Hospital, according to NSW Health. An 86-year-old man previously confirmed to have COVID-19 died in a Sydney hospital on Tuesday… Read full this story
- ‘No evidence’ backing Eric Reid’s NFL drug-testing claims, league says
- High schools: Concord girls’ hockey passes big test against Berlin-Gorham
- Trump Claims Many ‘Great’ Chief Candidates After Top Choice Turns Him Down
- The incredible lesson I learned after I failed the seventh grade
- Wannabe firefighter who failed physical test 3 times sues to get job anyway
- U.S. Military Tests Russia at Sea Days After Warning From China
- Grandparents raising grandkids: Older relatives who care for children in Washington state are paid far less than foster parents
- Jordan Schnitzer Gets a Son—and a Court Battle
- Will Alabama’s schools show improvement on report cards?
- Elizabeth Warren launches exploratory committee, a major step in a possible 2020 run
Coronavirus: NAPLAN tests scrapped as coronavirus claims seventh Aussiey have 308 words, post on www.news.com.au at March 20, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.