State and federal education chiefs met this morning to discuss the COVID-19 situation for schools where they decided that principals should be focusing on the wellbeing of children not on the exam, the Australian Curriculum and Reporting Authority said in a statement. The exam which assessed Year 3, 5, 7 and Year 9 students every year was scheduled to take place online and in the classroom in May. “Education Ministers met today and decided that NAPLAN will not proceed in 2020,” it said. “The decision to not proceed with NAPLAN in 2020 has been taken to assist school leaders, teachers and support staff to focus on the wellbeing of students and continuity of education, including potential online and remote learning.” Education ministers took the advice of chief medical officers not to continue with the tests. VIRUS CLAIMS SEVENTH AUSSIE, ELDERLY ADVISED TO STAY INDOORS An 81-year-old NSW woman has died after contracting coronavirus, bringing the state’s death toll to six and seven across Australia. The woman died on Thursday night after close contact with a confirmed case linked to Ryde Hospital, according to NSW Health. An 86-year-old man previously confirmed to have COVID-19 died in a Sydney hospital on Tuesday… Read full this story
- Coronavirus: Airport testing no 'silver bullet' but quarantine could be cut to seven days, Grant Shapps suggests
- Heathrow unveils testing centre as airport tests could replace 14-day quarantine
- Wuhan official claims the city finds 'no confirmed coronavirus case' after testing 10million residents in 19 days to prevent a second spike
- U. of Arizona Claims It Prevented Coronavirus Outbreak by Testing Sewage
- London's Covid testing fiasco: Phone operators tell callers there are NO home test kits or drive-thru slots and nearest place to get tested is 200 miles away in BRADFORD (despite centres sitting empty in capital)
- Love Island stars 'given taxpayers' money to promote Covid-19 Test and Trace scheme on Instagram and tell followers it's free, quick and vital'
- Test and Trace fiasco: Matt Hancock warns he could make it the LAW to self-isolate if people don't follow advice as data shows system reached a record-low of just 72.6% of infected patients last week
- Donald Trump calls Joe Biden's plan to beat coronavirus a 'surrender' claiming the Democrat wants to 'inflict a shutdown' which would cause 'suicides, heart attacks, economic devastation and more'
- Is this daily infections chart now nearly meaningless? Percentage of positive tests has dropped from 40% to less than 2.5% as Matt Hancock says coronavirus 'is NOT out of control'
- Covid crisis at Britain's food plants: 75 staff test positive at chicken factory in Norfolk is latest of FORTY outbreaks at processing sites across UK
Coronavirus: NAPLAN tests scrapped as coronavirus claims seventh Aussiey have 423 words, post on www.news.com.au at March 20, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.