Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on Wednesday said 28 positive cases of coronavirus have been detected so far in India and announced that all international flights and passengers will now have to undergo screening, and not just the 12 countries listed earlier.Addressing the media, Vardhan said if the Iranian government lent its support, a testing facility could be set up there as well. This will help bring back Indian citizens from Iran after a thorough screening, he said.Vardhan also said that he met the Delhi health minister and civic body officials, and urged them to augment facilities of isolation wards in city hospitals.Close Giving a breakup of those who tested positive for the virus, the minister said out of the total 28 COVID-19 cases in India, one person was from Delhi, six of his relatives in Agra, 16 Italians and their Indian driver, one in Telangana and the three earlier cases in Kerala.He also said that so far, 5,89,000 people have been screened at airports, over 10 lakh screened at borders with Nepal and around 27,000 were currently under community surveillance.(With PTI inputs)Time to show-off your poker skills and win Rs.25 lakhs with no investment. Register Now!
- World Environment Day: 1 lakh kids under 5 yrs of age in India die due to air pollution each year, says study
- Citizenship Amendment Bill: Are India's claims about minorities in other countries true?
- Health instructor, 28, who spent 10 YEARS battling for a British passport despite being born in UK is finally granted citizenship
- Budget 2020: 20 tax-payer friendly ideas for the Finance Minister
- Man convicted in India bus rape says he shouldn't be hanged because pollution is already killing him
- Australia's 23rd Prime Minister Bob Hawke dies peacefully at home aged 89 - leaving behind an immense contribution to public life that cemented his legacy as a legendary reformer
- India vs South Africa Highlights, 1st Test, Day 2: South Africa 39/3 at stumps after Mayank takes India to 502/7d
- Back in the Shadows: The Perils of Being LGBT in India
- Asia Bibi: Pakistan's top court overturns Christian woman's death sentence in blasphemy case
- INTERVIEW (Part II): Health Care Policy Expert Joe Antos On The Harsh Realities And Dangers Of ‘Medicare For All’
Coronavirus: All international flights to be screened; 28 positive cases so far in India, says Health minister Harsh Vardhan have 353 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at March 4, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.