LOS ANGELES/NEW YORK (Reuters) – Nearly 40 million Californians have been ordered to stay at home as part of efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus and New York’s mayor on Friday renewed his pleas for U.S. President Donald Trump to mobilize the military for additional medical personnel and supplies. A person crosses a street in the neighborhood of Chinatown following the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Manhattan, New York City, U.S., March 20, 2020. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly The pandemic has already upended life in much of the country, shuttering schools and businesses, prompting millions to work from home, forcing many out of jobs and sharply curtailing travel. Psychologists and psychiatrists are beginning to report signs of distress among patients worried about the consequences. Six clinicians interviewed by Reuters say the coronavirus has been the prime focus of virtually all recent therapy sessions. Chicagoan Mike Wisler was prescribed a sedative to help him sleep when the financial and emotional impact of the pandemic hit the 50-year-old bartender. “My mind won’t shut off,” Wisler said. “As soon as I wake up, it’s like, ‘How am I going to get by this month?’” California Governor Gavin Newsom’s order late on… Read full this story
- Something in the Airbnb: hosts anxious as New York begins crackdown
- Trump ditches New York to become a Florida resident, court documents show
- Why I Fixed Fights
- The brother who saved his siblings from hidden home in Holland
- Jersey Shore's Ronnie Ortiz-Magro is 'under an emergency protective order' to stay away from girlfriend Jen Harley after allegedly attacking her
- Brad and Maddox's fight was caught on camera: Footage may clear Pitt on abuse allegations with 'actor seen screaming at his teen son but making NO physical contact' before driving off on airport fuel truck
- Judge orders FBI informant to testify in disguise for his personal safety in the case against a man who 'wanted to join ISIS and attack random people to avenge the New Zealand mosque shootings'
- Find the Perfect Space Heater to Save Energy (and Money), Stay Warm
- 'We are not alone' in fighting climate change, says Freetown mayor Yvonne Aki-Sawyerr
- Indicted GOP congressman Chris Collins resigns ahead of expected guilty plea
Californians ordered to stay home; New York pleas for urgent help to fight coronavirus have 363 words, post on www.reuters.com at March 20, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.