A teenage boy has died of a suspected allergic reaction to food from a takeaway. The 16-year-old youth collapsed after eating food from Uno Pizza in Prescot, Merseyside, at around midnight on Saturday, police said. He was rushed to hospital but died there today, reports Liverpool Echo. Now Merseyside Police and Knowsley Council have started a joint investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death. “We can confirm that 16-year-old boy taken to hospital after falling ill in Prescot has passed away today, Wednesday, 11 March,” a spokesman for Merseyside Police said. “A joint Merseyside Police and Knowsley Council investigation remains ongoing to establish the full circumstances. Have you been affected by this story? Contact [email protected] “Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.” They previously said: “We can confirm a joint Merseyside Police and Knowsley Council investigation has been launched after a 16-year-old boy fell ill in Prescot on Saturday, March 7, after consuming food from Uno Pizza, Prescot.” The teenager’s identity hasn’t been released by authorities at this stage. Read More Top news stories from Mirror Online But he was named locally as “Nick” and it is thought teachers from his school in the area informed… Read full this story
- Student ‘almost died’ in Rio Ferdinand’s Rosso bar after allergic reaction to a cocktail containing egg white
- 'What organ is going to fail next?': Florida boy, 4, is one of just 60 people in the world suffering a mysterious and incurable blood disease that's attacking his skin and brain
- Mother whose husband and two children died in Costa del Sol swimming pool tragedy 'prayed as tourist performed CPR to try to revive them'
- Grandmother, 81, dies on a motorway hard shoulder after being driven by ambulance 600 miles around Britain looking for a bed in a mental health unit
- My face ballooned to twice its size after a reaction to salon hair dye & it’s left me allergic to SUNLIGHT
- Boy, 13, with dairy allergy died after schoolmate threw cheese down his T-shirt, inquest hears
- Miraculous moment 11-month-old baby is pulled from collapsed apartment block 35 hours after it was destroyed in a gas explosion in Russia - but dozens are still buried underneath the rubble
- CBBC star Mya-Lecia Naylor, 16, hanged herself in a marquee at her family home 'on the spur of the moment' after struggling with exam stress and being grounded by her parents, inquest hears
- Delhi: One firefighter dies battling Peeragarhi blaze; all trapped persons rescued
- Mother tells how she suffered a stroke on her BIRTHDAY in Lanzarote that left her paralysed on one side after thinking her persistent headache was caused by the Spanish heat
Boy, 16, collapses and dies after suffering 'allergic reaction' to takeaway pizza have 433 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at March 11, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.