Email By Josh Robertson Updated March 18, 2020 13:04:30 Photo: Australia is not performing nearly enough COVID-19 tests to stay on top of the illness, Dr John Dwyer warns. (AP: Ted S Warren) Related Story: Can I go outside? How is it enforced? Your self-isolation questions answered Map: QLD Some doctors are warning a promised influx of almost 100,000 COVID-19 test kits in the coming week, won’t be enough as stocks are already being rationed and the infection rate is yet to peak. Key points:Immunologist John Dwyer says Australia needs to dramatically increase testingHe says 100,000 more test kits would not go far enoughQueensland will increase the number of labs able to test samples The ABC can reveal the promised influx comes just days after Australia’s largest hospital service raised the threshold for COVID-19 testing twice in one day, in what a prominent immunologist said was a “regrettable” sign that health departments were “rationing” the tests.Some doctors have voiced concerns the move by Metro North Hospital and Health Service, which caters for almost 1 million people in Brisbane’s north, makes it harder to detect the early spread of the virus in the community.They are worried frontline healthcare workers are also… Read full this story
- Fighting Withdrawal: Methadone Abuse & Addiction & Testing
- Basic First Steps Test for The Irish Learner Driver- Part Two-The Answers!
- Wealth Warning - Why Banking is Becoming the Most Morally Corrupt Industry in the World
- Tonic in a Teapot!
- Are You in an Abusive Relationship?
- Do You Need An Air Purifier?
- DNA Mark On Your Property - The New Crime Prevention
- Success Lessons From The Ashes Cricket Series of 2006/7
- Look After Your Planet
- Competition Laws
Australia's COVID-19 fight hampered by rationing test kits, immunologist warns have 275 words, post on www.abc.net.au at March 18, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.