Television sales may end FY20 with a 12 percent decline on the triple impact of high goods and services tax (GST), Coronavirus and ever-growing competition.TV has been a segment in the white goods industry that has usually weathered the storm. However, in FY20, the market has been hit hard by multiple scenarios. There are about 200 million households in India that own a TV set.The worst period for the segment so far was around the subprime crisis in 2008 when sales were down 7 percent.Close The entry of new players related news JEE Main 2020, NEET 2020 exam dates: Supreme Court dismisses plea to postpone exams Tata Motors denies reports claiming it is planning to sell stake in Jaguar Land Rover SpiceJet to induct its first Airbus A340 cargo aircraft in freighters fleet Xiaomi, OnePlus, Nokia and now Realme are among major mobile handset makers that have now entered the television segment in India.The new entrants and some large online players like Shinco, Kodak and Thomson have aggressive pricing in the segment. In fact, Xiaomi has become the most popular television brand in the country, according to a report by International Data Corporation.”Online TV players are playing purely on pricing. We cannot cut… Read full this story
- India's September vehicle sales hit by chip shortage
- Red Sox vs. Astros schedule: MLB playoffs live stream, TV channel, start times for ALCS matchup
- How to buy a TV: Fall 2021 update
- Zoe Ball and boyfriend Michael Reed cuddle up for a low-key night out at West London private members club White City House
- Best gaming TV: Low input lag and high picture quality
- Kate Garraway taking it ‘a day at a time’ as she shares update on Derek Draper
- Where to watch the Chucky TV series in the UK and US
- Addison Rae jokes it is time for her 'to get a job' after her TikTok account gets 'permanently banned'
- Hairy Bikers fans send support to Dave Myers after TV return amid Covid battle
- Chicago Fire's Monica Raymund opens up on real reason for exit 'My time was up'
Will TV sales hit all-time low in FY20? have 336 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 25, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.