A worker checks the temperatures of visitors with a portable thermal imaging camera at a makeshift dispensary for the new coronavirus infection set up at the dormitory of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in Dongdaemun District, eastern Seoul, on Tuesday. Korean universities are scrambling to find ways to quarantine Chinese students who are returning for the spring semester. [NEWS1]Korea confirmed Tuesday that another person, a 61-year-old Korean woman from Daegu, contracted the coronavirus through an unknown route, becoming Patient No. 31 – and possibly signaling a new and more dangerous phase of the outbreak.Like Patients No. 29 and 30, an elderly couple from Seoul who tested positive back-to-back Sunday, No. 31 had not traveled abroad recently nor had contact with known patients. They are technically Korea’s only three patients to have become infected through unknown routes, although presumably one member of the married couple infected the other.Patient No. 31 is also the first coronavirus case in the southeastern Gyeongsang region, and health authorities are preparing for the possible spread to that part of the country. The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said that Patient No. 31, a resident of Daegu’s Seo District, visited a public health center… Read full this story
- Kim Jong-un’s favourite aide mysteriously vanishes as she’s replaced by North Korean dictator’s powerful sister
- Here’s what coronavirus testing for a very sick patient looks like, from swab to result
- Cuomo is to launch an anti-body test to identify who has recovered from coronavirus without knowing it so that young people can get back to work and 'restart' the economy
- New York’s coronavirus death toll jumps 100 in a single day to 385 as Gov. Cuomo says he can see fear in daughter’s eyes
- Coronavirus: Nurses stood down as Scott Morrison issues new quarantine rules for travellers
- 'We're in disaster mode': Courage inside a Brooklyn hospital confronting coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Boris Johnson has coronavirus as Scott Morrison issues new quarantine rules for travellers
- Coronavirus across the world: What happens next?
- FMIA: NFL Life At A Social Distance, and How The 2020 Draft Might Look
- 'Woefully Unprepared:' How Small-Scale Testing Capabilities Mar Ohio's Covid-19 Response
Third patient gets sick in mysterious way have 368 words, post on koreajoongangdaily.joins.com at February 19, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.