Published 27 February 2020 Share close Share page Copy link About sharing Related Topics RTS awards Emily Maitlis has been named network presenter of the year at the Royal Television Society Awards, for her interview with the Duke of York . The Newsnight host quizzed Prince Andrew at Buckingham Palace in November over his relationship with the now deceased sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. The broadcast also won interview and scoop of the year, while Newsnight won daily news programme of the year. The prince withdrew from public duties in the wake of the broadcast. Prince Andrew stepping back from royal duties Six things we learned from Prince Andrew interview The judges at Wednesday’s awards ceremony in London described Maitlis’s interview as historic. “In a year of political chaos, her nose for nonsense led to bruising encounters with politicians and her interview with a member of the Royal family will live on in history,” they said. Speaking after her win, the presenter thanked the prince for allowing himself through the type of “scrutiny” that “many politicians haven’t and wouldn’t”. “It wasn’t actually about the royal,” she said. “It was an interview for women watching around the world, who were waiting to… Read full this story
- Joaquin Phoenix attends another Joker screening in London... as he brushes aside storming out of an earlier interview when asked about the film 'inciting violence'
- How Oscars infuriated Spike Lee; does controversial film Green Book deserve best film award?
- Emily Maitlis to lead all-female presenting team on Newsnight
- Mean Girls, SpongeBob lead Tony Award nominations with 12 nods each
- News Pulitzer-winning author Philip Roth dies at 85: media reports
- Forget the Oscars, Razzie Awards name ‘The Emoji Movie’ worst film of 2017
- Exclusive: Johor crown prince claims 'sovereignty' over water in the state, prefers ‘no federal interference’ on the issue
- Fil-Am Bruno Mars wins at 2018 BET Awards
- The award-winning actress who played Queen Elizabeth on Netflix’s ‘The Crown’ made less money than her male co-star
- Pulitzer-winning author Philip Roth dies at 85: media reports
Prince Andrew interview wins Maitlis RTS award have 330 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at February 27, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.