BEIJING: New virus cases in China have again declined, up just 394, after authorities on Thursday again changed how they count new daily infections. They are now discounting cases that came back negative after laboratory tests. Another 114 people reportedly died from the new illness, Covid-19, as health inspectors went door-to-door to attempt to find every infected person in the worst-hit city of Wuhan. Japan’s health ministry said two former passengers of a virus stricken cruise ship died, raising the number of deaths in Japan to three. The Diamond Princess has by far the most cases outside China with 621 passengers and crew testing positive. Mainland China has reported 2,118 deaths and 74,576 total cases. While the overall spread of the virus has been slowing, the situation remains severe in Hubei province and its capital, Wuhan, where the new coronavirus was first detected in December. More than 80% of the country’s cases are in Hubei and 95% of the deaths, according to data from China’s National Health Commission. The new daily figure is a notable drop from the 1,749 cases recorded the previous day. The commission said 279 cases were deducted from the daily report after nucleic acid tests showed… Read full this story
- Bait and Neutralise: Scientists Come Up with New Method to Identify Plant Pests
- EIGHT new witnesses come forward with new evidence one week ahead of Rodney Reed's execution date saying he was having an affair with his 19-year-old murder victim and she was strangled to death by her fiance when he found out
- The decline of the hedgehog: 80% of the UK countryside is now uninhabited by the beloved woodland creatures who now prefer city life, scientists find
- Delhi: Transfer case to another court, says mother of December 16 rape victim
- Nirbhaya case: Court admits plea by parents seeking transfer of case to another judge
- The dawn chorus that heralds fresh hope for New Zealand's wildlife
- The Decline and Fall of the Zuckerberg Empire
- SC to deliver verdict in Sabarimala review case tomorrow
- As Angela Merkel embarks on fourth term as chancellor, what's new?
- 'NCIS: New Orleans' to Move Time Slots in 2020 for 'FBI: Most Wanted'
New Covid-19 cases decline, but tracking method revised again have 344 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 20, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.