Wellington: The towering Kyle Jamieson had a dream Test debut for New Zealand with three wickets, including the prized scalp of Virat Kohli, winning glowing praise from India on day one of the first Test in Wellington on Friday. India were struggling at 122 for five when rain swept in at tea to wash out the final session, after the 2.03 metre (6 ft 8 in) Jamieson had taken three for 38. “The way he used the new ball was fantastic,” said India opener Mayank Agarwal. “Credit to him that he bowled well with that height on this wicket, and the areas and the consistency he bowled with was terrific.” Jamieson, who further repaid the selectors’ faith with an excellent catch in the deep to remove Agarwal, was called in to the New Zealand squad as cover during Neil Wagner’s paternity leave. Untitled Carousel India vs New Zealand first test: India scores 122 for 5 at tea; Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant hold fortAjinkya Rahane and Rishabh Pant were batting on 38 and 10 respectively at the break. While not as quick as Wagner, the 25-year-old used his height to extract extra bounce that troubled the Indian top order. “It’s still… Read full this story
- Live Cricket Score - India vs South Africa, 1st Test, Day 5
- Live Cricket Score - India vs South Africa, 2nd Test, Day 1
- Eddie Jones reaps rewards of masterplan as England end New Zealand's Rugby World Cup dream
- 3rd Test Live: Virat Kohli opts to bat against South Africa
- Cricket alone didn't foot the bills. Eoin Morgan also did day jobs to sustain himself
- What MS Dhoni told Shahbaz Nadeem after Test series win against South Africa
- India, South Africa, and a build-up minus the 'pitch wars'
- India’s demolition men: With a 3-0 sweep of South Africa, cricket team underlines its status as world’s no 1 Test side
- You Cannot Fuck Up Visiting New Orleans
- Dr. Brilliant Vs. the Devil of Ambition
India vs New Zealand 1st Test Day 1: Kyle Jamieson walks tall with dream debut for the Kiwis have 313 words, post on ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com at February 21, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.