VOLKMARSEN: German authorities scrambled Tuesday to determine the motives of a man who ploughed his car into a carnival procession, injuring dozens and further unsettling a country rocked by a fatal mass shooting last week.In an afternoon statement, police said the number injured had now reached around 60 and asked those hurt in the incident or with possible evidence to come forward.The youngest of the casualties was only two years old and 20 of those injured were children. The oldest person injured was 85.Investigators said the 29-year-old German driver had not been drunk at the time of the incident on Monday, but could not yet rule out that he was under the influence of drugs, national news agency DPA reported.The suspect has still not been questioned because of his own injuries, a police spokesman told reporters near the scene of the incident in Hessian town Volkmarsen.The incident came just days after a gunman with suspected racist motives killed nine people with migrant backgrounds in Hanau, also in western Hesse state, prompting fears of a repeat attack.Officials cancelled all carnival parades across the state on Monday, while a children´s procession was called off Tuesday in state capital Wiesbaden.But authorities have stopped… Read full this story
- German Police Say Truck Involved in Berlin Crowd Ramming Had Polish Number Plate
- Sinti group accuses German police of handcuffing 11-year-old
- Police cars rammed 'once a week' as it becomes the go-to getaway move
- Star of German reality TV show is seriously injured after crashing her Porsche at high speed on autobahn
- Five injured after car rams into restaurant terrace in Marbella, Spain
- Students rescue German police from burning patrol car
- German Police Shoot Dead Turkish Citizen Knifeman
- Police seek gunman, possible multiple suspects after Austin mass shooting
- Capitol police say two officers rammed by car, suspect in custody
- Two children, two adults injured in Tangipahoa hit and run; police seek suspect.
German police seek motive in car ramming that injured 60 have 312 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at February 26, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.