Going further than he ever has in expressing regret over Obama administration immigration policy, presidential candidate Joe Biden called it a ‘big mistake’ to have deported hundreds of thousands of people without criminal records. ‘We took far too long to get it right,’ Biden, 77, said in a wide-ranging, sometimes contentious interview with Univision anchor Jorge Ramos on Friday. The former vice president later added: ‘I think it was a big mistake. Took too long to get it right.’ In written statements included as part of Biden´s proposed immigration overhaul, the campaign already had acknowledged ‘pain’ surrounding deportations that occurred when he served as President Barack Obama´s vice president. But the candidate himself had not so clearly stated his personal regrets. The 20-minute interview was posted to Ramos´ Facebook page, and Biden aides said portions would be broadcast in coming days on Univision as Biden and his Democratic presidential rivals campaigned in Nevada ahead of the February 22 caucuses, the third nominating contest and the first with a significant Latino population. Scroll down for video In an interview with Univision anchor Jorge Ramos Biden, 77, said: ‘We took far too long to get it right’ The 20-minute interview was posted… Read full this story
- Joe Biden grapples with attacks from Trump and the rising Warren threat
- Dan Osborne reveals he wants to make his marriage to Jacqueline Jossa work as he finishes third in Celebrity Big Brother
- Did Obama really ‘snub’ Ocasio-Cortez and does it signal a split in the Democratic Party?
- Legal fight for justice: American Civil Liberties Union gears up for assault on Trump administration
- John McCain funeral: Barack Obama eulogy transcript
- Collins becomes third GOP lawmaker to question Trump’s call for China to probe Biden
- 'He came into my head a couple of times during the week. Of course I was thinking of him'
- 'May God bless John McCain': Read Obama's full eulogy to John McCain
- Smoke and Mirrors: Big Tobacco's Dubious Health-Conscious Makeover
- How Patients for Patient Safety are speaking out for victims of medical mistakes
'Deporting three million was a big mistake': Joe Biden admits for the first time that he regrets expulsions under Obama administration have 332 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at February 15, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.