The Boston Celtics revealed Thursday night that they would be adding to a 24th player to its list of franchise legends with their jersey retired. Kevin Garnett, who was traded to Boston from the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2007, played six seasons with the Celtics. The team plans to add Garnett’s No. 5 Celtics jersey to the rafters during a game next season. In Garnett’s first season in Boston (2007-08), he formed a “Big 3” with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. The trio led the Celtics to the only championship of Garnett’s 21-season NBA career, a triumph over the Los Angeles Lakers. The Celtics and Garnett returned to the NBA Finals in 2010, although this time they lost a seven-game series against the Lakers and Finals MVP Kobe Bryant. Garnett is expected to be among the finalists announced for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame class of 2020 on Friday. The full list of finalists will be revealed from the United Center in Chicago, where the 2020 NBA All-Star Weekend is being held. The full statement from the Celtics to announce Garnett’s jersey retirement can be seen below. The Boston Celtics announced tonight that Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame… Read full this story
- Kevin Garnett Wasn't First Choice for the NBA All-Star in Uncut Gems
- NBA star Kevin Garnett to announce retirement after 21 seasons
- High school dedicates baseball field to Pete Frates, retires jersey
- Tatum, Brown Help Celtics Beat Denver 108-95
- Gordon Hayward Shows No Rust In Return To Celtics Lineup
- Rozier steals spotlight, leads Celtics past Cavaliers 102-88
- Pete Frates’ Legacy To Live On At Boston College
- Tatum (26 pts), Brown (21) help Celtics beat Denver 108-95
- Kevin Love trade: Heat, Mavericks among top five landing spots, but will they wait for shot at Giannis?
- NBA Power Rankings: Lakers, Bucks battle for top spot; Jimmy Butler leads rising Heat; Celtics getting healthy
Boston Celtics will retire jersey of Kevin Garnett have 305 words, post on 247sports.com at February 13, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.