Former Vice President Joe BidenJoe BidenProgressive journalist: Unions don’t want to ‘ruffle any feathers’ by endorsing in primary Behar, McCain get into fiery exchange over 2016 election in debate about Bloomberg Sanders leads Biden in latest Nevada poll MORE said the fact that the Obama administration deported 3 million undocumented immigrants, many of whom had no criminal records, “was a big mistake.”“We took far too long to get it right,” the Democratic presidential candidate said in a Friday interview with Univision’s Jorge Ramos in Henderson, Nevada. Biden said the administration did not begin to “get it right” with regard to immigration until after its first term. The former vice president also did dispute that the administration deported more people than any administration before them as well as the Trump administration, though that fact has been widely reported on since he and Obama left office. ADVERTISEMENT“The point is there were too many,” he conceded. “I saw the pain in the eyes of so many people who saw their families being deported. I know what it’s like to lose family members. It was painful.” Biden pivoted to touting the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) policy, which the Obama administration put into place in 2012 after years of extreme… Read full this story
- Joe Biden Scrutinizes Own Career at Martin Luther King Day Event: 'I Haven't Always Been Right…But I've Always Tried'
- BIG MOUNTAIN REUNITES AFTER 10 YEARS APART TO RELEASE ITS NEW SINGLE “DEPORTATION NATION”, IN SUPPORT OF IMMIGRANTS
- Joe Biden among pack of Democratic hopefuls at Martin Luther King Day events
- Joe Biden among Democratic hopefuls at Martin Luther King Day events
- How Grief Became Joe Biden’s ‘Superpower’
- Joe Biden urges greater collaboration among political leaders
- BOOK REVIEW: If Obama and Biden teamed up to solve a mystery …
- Rams’ Aaron Donald and Bears’ Khalil Mack have stayed close, from first round to big money
- Historic data doesn’t make Phillies' decision on giving Bryce Harper and Manny Machado big money any easier
- He came to the U.S. legally. Now 'one mistake' could have him deportedYou may also be interested in...
Biden on Univision: Deporting 3 million 'was a big mistake' have 347 words, post on thehill.com at February 15, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.