The populations of Coventry and Corby have risen at the highest rate of any towns outside London, a MailOnline investigation has revealed. The population of the UK is projected to increase by three million over the next ten years, as experts warn a major acceleration in house building is required. In central London, population growth has risen by 44 per cent over the past five years and in Tower Hamlets, east London, by 16 per cent. MailOnline has analysed data from the Office for National Statistics to reveal in which parts of the country population growth is rising the fastest. The top 20 fastest growing council areas, as revealed by ONS data. In the top three are Coventry in the West Midlands, Corby in Northamptonshire and Aylesbury Vale in Buckinghamshire Population figures in areas such as Coventry in the West Midlands, and Corby in Northamptonshire (pictured), have been rising at the fastest rate outside of London Dartford in Kent has seen its population rise by a whopping 9.2 per cent, from 100,399 in 2013 to 109,709 in 2018 Looking at data from 2013 to 2018, certain council districts across the country have seen their populations grow massively. These include areas such as Dartford in Kent… Read full this story
- Europe's 20 most amazing cities for eating out in 2019
- The industrial town that became Spain’s ‘golden mile’ of e-commerce
- 'Millennial exodus' from London fuels rent rises in Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham
- London stabbings 2018 – latest knife crime statistics and attacks in Clapham, Crouch Hill, Hammersmith and Greenwich
- Letters to the Editor: 'DUP needs history lesson to see how dispensable the Irish are to Britain'
- 23 of the most amazing European cities for eating out
- Manchester's 10-year challenge: How the city has changed in a decade
- Harnessing Africa's baby boom
- It's boom time for 'Salchester'
- It's boom time for 'Salford borders' but not everyone is feeling the benefit
The population BOOM in Britain's towns and cities: Coventry and Corby are among top 20 fastest-growing areas outside London - while capital continues to swell have 297 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 5, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.