BOSTON (CBS) — There’s no denying winter has returned to New England. Nearly everyone in New England woke up to at least a few inches of snow. While it was light and fine in the first few hours, the snowfall rates picked up near 9 p.m. At that point, Worcester County had already recorded three inches in some spots. Some parts of Massachusetts woke up having to clear 4-6 inches of fluffy snow. The farther north and west you go, the higher the numbers ended up being. Waking up on Sunday morning, clouds will remain, but eventually they will give way to some blue sky. Temperatures will rebound and return to the low 40s in the afternoon. However, winds will pick up and the 30 mph gusts will make it feel noticeably cooler. After Sunday’s 40s, we’ll be back into the winter chill with wind chill values in the teens both Monday and Tuesday afternoon. It is winter after all!
- Wicked storm rolling out of California could drop 40 inches of snow in New England
- Wintry storm moves into New England
- Winter storm threatens millions with snow and ice in the Midwest and Northeast
- Storm barrels toward Northeast: Two feet of snow possible, temps of -40 degrees
- Two feet of snow, -40 degrees possible as storm roars East
- Snowstorm could drop up to 6 inches on Boston area Monday
- ‘Major storm’ to bring more snow, cold air to Pa. this weekend
- Snow to blanket the East Coast as winter storm system moves in
- Northern England wakes up to snow and sleet as wind batters the UK
- Met office warn of weekend snow after two inches of rain tomorrow
Several Inches Of Snow Falls Overnight Throughout New England have 269 words, post on boston.cbslocal.com at January 18, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.