Prime Minister Narendra Modi has asked the Sectoral Groups of Secretaries (SGoS) formed to chart a road map for the government across various sectors to incorporate suggestions made by the Union council of ministers and also by him during presentation of their reports. After returning to power in May last year, the PM formed 10 SGoS in October to provide suggestions and actionable points for reforms and development of different sectors. Groups were formed on key issues such as energy, infrastructure, finance, economy, rural and agriculture. So far, all SGoS barring the ones on finance and economy have presented their reports to the Union council of ministers. The SGoS on economy is expected to give its presentation on January 17 while the finance panel may give its report only after the union budget as the entire finance ministry machinery is busy with budget preparations.The submission of reports, and the incorporation of changes, takes the process a step closer to completion. According to officials present in meetings when the reports were submitted, Modi encouraged ministers to give suggestions. He too, actively participated in the discussions after bureaucrats made power point presentations.“In one meeting, a slide was shown… Read full this story
- PM Modi’s ‘fake strongman image’ is now India’s biggest weakness, says Rahul Gandhi
- How PM Modi called China’s bluff in Ladakh, writes Shishir Gupta
- PM Modi’s fabricated strongman image has become India’s biggest weakness: Rahul Gandhi
- PM launches employment scheme for migrant workers
- Lord Rama was Nepali, real Ayodhya in Nepal, claims PM KP Sharma Oli
- Lord Rama is Nepali, not Indian, real Ayodhya in Nepal, claims PM KP Sharma Oli
- PM Narendra Modi launches mega Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan to boost livelihood opportunities in rural India
- PMO says PM’s comments interpreted mischievously
- India opposes BRI, PM says connectivity projects must respect sovereignty
- Will Modi go to war with China?
PM Modi seeks road map from babus on implementation of his suggestions have 307 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on CuBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.